Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Achin' in 'Wa

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Achin' in 'Wa Reply with quote

At such a young age one might assume aches and pains are something to come later in life. Well that's not the case here.

What does one do to help alleviate the pain of the lower back, on a more long term basis. Rather than just popping pills. Especially when said individual doesn't have the dough for Chiro.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Achin'

I myself am learning that I have muscles that I never knew I had. While I do not have the experiance that some of our more "seasoned" members do (**cough** Schultzy), I will sure try to offer some advice.

I have found the key to a happy back, and a sure fire way to keep it from hurting, is a change in lifestyle. Your life need not be over, just be done with the days of going to party's and falling asleep in the front yard while hugging a tree (unless of course it is a crew party). Instead take up more age appropriate activities. I have compiled a top 10 list of activity's that will fit your ageing body well.

10. Shuffle board - an age old (no pun intended) favorite of cruise goers!
9. Model trains - ohh yes, it may seem dorky, but Bart assures me it is a fullfilling hobby.
8. Computer gaming - l33t gam3rz are like the bridge clubs of the 21st century.
7. Raise ducks - As weird as it sounds, it seems to keep Jenn in good enough shape to kickbox. Maybe ducks are the real fountain of youth.
6. Play the saxiphone - Music is great. And if Rich can play the sax at his age...you can surely handle it.
5. Karioke - brandon tells me that rocking out with your walker to some Buddy Holly is way to groovy for squares.
4. Drive to EVERY crew gathering - Al doesn't seemed bothered with his back. Maybe a 500 mile drive for dinner relaxes the old muscles
3. Write some software - if its for your car, bonus point. Look at Mangus for insperation.
2. Matlock - drink a couple of beers. Turn on the TV and find the seniors show of choice. If for some reason you can't find it, Brandy claims Law and Order is equaly as good for an aging back
1. 2 words. Water Arobics. Not only low impact, but you can also pick up on chicks your own age. Nothing is as hot as a swimming cap, and nose plug

I hope this will help you start a new and healthier lifestyle. The easy on the aging body activities will keep you from popping pills!

Off to the local pool,
The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: