Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seems i have a problem here...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1LEWannabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: seems i have a problem here... Reply with quote

on my 86 Z28, i had a problem develop when you gave it gas, under fairly heavy acceleration, it would die. so after replacing the fuel pump and filter, problem still remained. so through some troubleshooting, myself and a friend discovered that the carb was filling the secondaries at IDLE. so i bought an Edelbrock Streetmaster (OLD SCHOOL) intake and a Holley 650 dual feed, single-pump carb. put those on along with a vac advance distributor to get rid of the computer. the problem has gotten better but it is still here. so Mark and myself have been tuning the Holley for about 2 days. it feels AWESOME through 1st gear (leaves more rubber off the line then my LB9 use to) but about midway through 2nd, it is dead. usually if you take your foot off the gas when it starts bogging, it will stay running. but if you hold the gas down, it COMPLETELY dies. and after it bogs, you usually can't give it gas for about 10-15 secs, like it is having to recover. we also have replaced the cap, coil, plugs and wires. but still, the problem exists...any thoughts...?

Josh

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no clue what was causing that problem on my 85.. i kinda hurt someones quarter panel from that problem too... i have no idea what it was, i thought it was too much gas.. either carb runnin bad or maybe too much fuel pressure.. not sure though. think carb should have like 5-7 psi or somehtin like that

1997 Z28 PCMforLess tune, K&N CAI, trickflow elbow, 160 thermostat, edelbrock shorty headers, Flowmaster 3", 18" cragars.
Best 1/4 - 13.8 @ 101.98 60' 2.27
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...some more news..its been rejetted,floats readjusted,advanced it a little bit..

did a test..from a full throttle standing start,at about 3 grand in second gear,it started to die so josh kept it floorboarded to kill it...

fuel filter,and front fuel bowl were bonedry...

thinking the fuel line or sockfilter in the tank is clogged with some kinda shizzle...

DAMN chevys... Laughing Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...some more news..its been rejetted,floats readjusted,advanced it a little bit..

did a test..from a full throttle standing start,at about 3 grand in second gear,it started to die so josh kept it floorboarded to kill it...

fuel filter,and front fuel bowl were bonedry...

thinking the fuel line or sockfilter in the tank is clogged with some kinda shizzle...

DAMN chevys... Laughing Very Happy

nothin runs like a dodge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1LEWannabe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the car is FIXED!! turns out the fuel sock was clogged with crap and now after blowing some air through the lines it is good. sometime within the next week i will drop the rear axle and tank and clean it right...

Josh

p.s.- Marko...DODGE-Drips Oil Drips Gas EVERYWHERE!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1LEWannabe wrote:
well, the car is FIXED!! turns out the fuel sock was clogged with crap and now after blowing some air through the lines it is good. sometime within the next week i will drop the rear axle and tank and clean it right...

Josh

p.s.- Marko...DODGE-Drips Oil Drips Gas EVERYWHERE!!
p.s. josh,it STILL runs better then the camaro Laughing

and whos vehicle leaves puddles?

ram dont Laughing
1LEWannabe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Marko, did ya mention to everyone here how the LG4 PULLED on the Ram on the freeway? just figured i would mention that, and the fact that that was BEFORE the new carb and intake...Very Happy

just bustin your ballz, its really hard and pointless to compare a Ram and a Z28 Rolling Eyes

Josh

84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1LEWannabe wrote:
oh Marko, did ya mention to everyone here how the LG4 PULLED on the Ram on the freeway? just figured i would mention that, and the fact that that was BEFORE the new carb and intake...Very Happy

just bustin your ballz, its really hard and pointless to compare a Ram and a Z28 Rolling Eyes

Josh
well,a little clarification...my ram was stone stock when that happened...

its awesome your camaro thats weighs about 2k pounds less then my ram,can BARELY pull on it..

race me now biatch Laughing
1LEWannabe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, as Marko now knows, guess i wont be racing ANYONE seeing as as soon as we fixed the fuel problem, something happened and she dropped cylinder #1. so now it smokes, it misses, and generally runs like crap...guess ill be in the market for a motor now, lol...

Josh

alloy
T56 Elitist

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1LEWannabe wrote:
she dropped cylinder #1.
Josh

Did you pull a compression check on all cylinders? Don't condem the entire motor til you do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: