Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to bring.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: What to bring. Reply with quote

Time to start this I guess. First I'll tell you what I have/will supply. BTW I've taken Friday and Monday off on that weekend too. So if you show early or stay late no problem! Cool

Friday night dinner for those who are here.. I'm thinking of getting a couple of bake at home pizza's from the local shop. A few of you have tried them before and so far they seem to be pretty awesome. Everybody pitch in a few bucks??

Saturday morning. I'm thinking we probably wont have much time from the point we get up to when we need to get the cars to the show. So can people bring cinnamon rolls/doughnuts. Stuff like that, quick and easy.

Saturday lunch is at the car show. It's all you can eat bbq ribs and chicken. For those who enter a car you get one meal with the entry.

Looks like I'll barbecue the spring salmon saturday evening. That way the most people will be able to have some. My father-n-law is donating a couple of wild spring salmon he caught I'll also be making homemade wild huckleberry icecream. Actually picked the huckleberries myself up on the side of Mount Adams. Thumbs up You'll love it!

Sunday morning. Breakfast at the Duck Inn. Hopefully you'll all have enough $$ left! Laughing We should probably decide on a time to show up there. I'll then let them know when we'll show up and how many are coming.

I think some of you will probably start heading home after breakfast. For the people who can stay longer, I plan to take us on a cruise. We'll head back to Cathlamet, and take the ferry Wahkiakum to Oregon. Then we'll cruise the Oregon side to Astoria. I'd like to go up to the Astor column. Maybe we can get the cars together in the parking lot and take some pics from the top of the column. As I remember its a very twisty narrow road to the column too.. We can have lunch in Astoria. Fast food or something, there is a pretty decent little chinese restaurant there too. Whatever everybody wants/affords. Then we'll cross the bridge there back into Washington and come back on this side. If theres time we can stop at the covered bridge for photos again. Then we're back to my place.

OK.. What to bring. We need saturday morning stuff. We need lots of soda. (almost everybody should bring some i think). Beer, of course, or your favorite beverage. Also if you dont like something on the menu be sure to bring something else. I can slap anything on the grille you want. Just bring it.

Also, if you have outdoor chairs, or folding chairs/tables that you can bring. Please do.

DVD's got something good to watch? bring it.

I've got 2 tents and a few air mattress's. There are no spare beds so bring sleeping bags. Rodney and Jen called the one spare bedroom. Theres room for everybody else but it'll be dormitory style on the floor. If you want privacy(couples) please bring a tent, or borrow one of mine. But let me know so we can figure out if we have enough.

For those who will stay sunday night.. burgers for dinner??

Please post what you will bring. If anybody thinks of anything else, post it.

Thanks, lets make this the best gathering ever!

P.S. One of the raffle prizes for car show entrants will be a Columbia river cruise on the sternwheeler and a nights stay at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. Sure to make extra points with the wife unit! Very Happy
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome B... Many thanks to you and Deb again - you guys are going all out.

Let's see - don't forget your suits for the hot tub (unless you are not into that - pretty sure Skamokawa is a clothing optional region Embarassed well i hope it is anyway)

I will be bringing...
a bottle of Herradura Silver and a TreGen (hehe) Silver bottle.
beer
large tutu
case of pop
potato salad (potatoe for the quail in the audience)
3 bags of chips
shiny tiarra
stuff to make bar-b-que beans
$ for pizza and Duck

Maybe some other stuff but I'll see what we end up with here. We can use the p-salad and beans for whichever meal you want.

All the rest of it sounds perfect to me bud. I really hope I get to see Astoria this year Rolling Eyes . One ferry ride per gathering (I know a few of you might have had the heart skip a beat there but I said FERRY - Hi Lance Wiggly wiggly ).

I vote for 10 AM Duckage on Sunday Morning - not too early, not too late. Of course if people don't need to leave right away I might change my vote to 11 Wink.

Salmon and Huckleberries oh my!

I'll be showing up Thursday night because I think that someone should be on hand early to make sure that the grill and tequila and beer and cows are all up to par for the gathering. Hopefully Deb is letting me sleep inside again Hail hail .

-Moo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be bringing.

1 Camaro
1 Half-Gallon of Jager
1 12back of Mt. Dew (yes, I am a geek)
1 Speedo (scared yet Wink, and sorry Lance, i am only joking)
1 sleeping bag
$ for pizza and duck

and....

Brandon, what would you like me to bring for the BBQ?

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring some folding chairs
Sleeping bag
3-4 cases of cheapy soda
Hopefully money for Gas/Duck

Anything else needed I'll see if I can get. Getting the car running made me more than broke...
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anything else needed I'll see if I can get.

Blondes Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring:

A few folding chairs
Chicken for Sat BBQ (wifey will probably pass on the salmon, she has no taste!)
Sleeping bag/blanket
Good beer (no cheap crap)
Pop (cheap crap)
$ for Duck/astoria/gas/etc

I'm sure I'll think of other stuff...
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring the usual stuff, car, camera, stickers, collection book (*looks over at the John/Bart duo*) etc... Figure out what food to bring next week.

90RSrocks wrote:

wifey .... she has no taste!

Oh my, that one would be too easy... But I don't think I know you well enough to use that opening to take a shot at ya. Razz
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're ok for the main dishes i'm cookin then bring side dishes.

Kelly, looks like you'll be staying saturday at least.. maybe we can drag out my telescope and wipe the dust off it. All depends on how much sea fog rolls in though, but almost no light pollution here anyway.
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Quote:
Anything else needed I'll see if I can get.

Blondes Wink

BYOW

Bring your own woman. Very Happy
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be bringing 1 firebird, 1 tent, 2 chairs, 2 packages of large muffins, coffie and coffie pot, $$$ and hopefully Ill be able to go on the cruse.
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
Kelly, looks like you'll be staying saturday at least.. maybe we can drag out my telescope and wipe the dust off it. All depends on how much sea fog rolls in though, but almost no light pollution here anyway.
Sounds like a great idea. I never pass up the opportunity to look up!

If things don't improve quickly with the Camaro, I may be bringing a Dodge Caravan instead. Eww. Sad

Jess wrote:
Oh my, that one would be too easy... But I don't think I know you well enough to use that opening to take a shot at ya. Razz
LMAO, I didn't expect that from you, Jess. Laughing Guess I did open myself up for a wide range of jokes there. Duh
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to bring a big bowl of homemade potato salad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: