Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

got a few questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: got a few questions Reply with quote

since noone at thirdgen.org will answer these i figured ill ask you guys also.i was lookin at my front park lights and i noticed that the lenses are real cloudy lookin. i took them out and looked at them. i noticed that they are sealed on there. is there any special way to get them off without breakin them? what would be good to use to reseal them? i also want to paint the front grill. whats a good type of paint to use? should i also clearcoat it? im also gonna paint the chevy symbol. i want to paint it the same color as my car but im not sure if i can find the right paint anywhere. thanks for any help that can be givin.
Corey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just buy new lenses, i mean you can clean them up but dont even try to take them apart, best off is buying new ones they are not real expensive, and as for painting, id get any gloss black really, or whatever color you want and just because i would hit it with a clear coat too, just makes for better quality to last longer.

Tim
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are that the cloudyness is on the outside.

poor some superclean down inside, and clean them out. then wetsand and polish the outside lense, it will make a BIG diffrence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
90rsgnuguy42

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted on 3rdgen on the same subject and got no response. I saw that the later model Z28's that have a clear lens with a colored bulb and they look sweet. I'm watching for a set of those.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of the cars from 85-92 have the same parking lamps, you can take them apart and remove the diffuser, but you have to cut the front off, and then epoxy it back on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: