Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

finally good news to me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolffy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: finally good news to me Reply with quote

after looking for a job for 3 months I finally have one, just have to do the whiz quiz tommorow, no biggie there
it only pays 8.5/hr, as its thru a temp company, but after 2 months it should go perm & get a raise to 9. or 9.50/hr

so in a few months I'll be looking for another 3rd gen to build up
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME!

WOOT!

Cheers

Congrats bud.

-Schultzy

12.73 @ 109.39, 1.793 60 \ 11.794 @ 121.16, 1.62 60 (old combo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright!! Great news!!

(let's just hope that it's contagious!!)
Wolffy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your looking for work too Poncho I wish you the best of luck, it took me 3 months to find this, hopefully you wont be waiting as long as me
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, only sorta. I have a job at present as a tech, and it's paying the bills, but I graduated from engineering school last August and I've been looking for a position ever since (actually before)

I could theoretically double my income at this point by getting the right position, but it hasn't appeared yet. Barely a nibble. I got asked if I could come down for an interview with one place, but the day never came Sad Looking at all the major defense contractors of course (Raytheon, Titan, Lockheed, Grumman, Honeywell, etc.) but think I'm being blackballed because I'm up here and not down where the jobs are...

So...
[Dorie_voice]Just keep looking, just keep looking... [/Dorie_voice]

Later, and congrats dood!
Paul
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear Mr. Wolf.

You DID let them know you need June 5th and 6th off, right Wink

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolffy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i start on Monday & have 2 weeks of training, but I am going to let them know ASAP, so I can try to attend Cows 3
Gibby85

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PonchoTA wrote:
Looking at all the major defense contractors of course (Raytheon, Titan, Lockheed, Grumman, Honeywell, etc.) but think I'm being blackballed because I'm up here and not down where the jobs are.

What do you do again, Paul? Because Titan is working on a contract at McChord AFB and is hiring 200 or so people. So far, I've made the first two cuts and awaiting on word for the third and final for an IT/RF Communications position. You may want to really check into Titan, dude.

Oh, and congrats to Wolf!

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibby85 wrote:
PonchoTA wrote:
Looking at all the major defense contractors of course (Raytheon, Titan, Lockheed, Grumman, Honeywell, etc.) but think I'm being blackballed because I'm up here and not down where the jobs are.

What do you do again, Paul? Because Titan is working on a contract at McChord AFB and is hiring 200 or so people. So far, I've made the first two cuts and awaiting on word for the third and final for an IT/RF Communications position. You may want to really check into Titan, dude.

Oh, and congrats to Wolf!

Well, at one point the guy that was going to hire for the position I was applying for set a tentative date for me to come down for an interview, but he had to wait to see if the gov't was going to buy the contract. Evidently, there has been either no decision or a bad one and he was trying to get them to reconsider.
He spends about half his time away from the office, and there is a very fine line between calling to show interest and calling to be a pain in the ass! I was at the top of a very short list of potentials, and I feel that any more contact might just piss him off.
There are also (more than) a couple of positions I am IDEALLY suited for in San Dog, but I have gotten ZIP for responses!! Dammit!
I need to "borrow" an address down in SoCal so I can be considered I guess.

Btw, since you were asking, I am an Electrical Engineer but with little experience BEING an engineer. I need a mentored/associate position so I can learn under the guidance of a senior engineer. I have many years of technical experience, being a senior EW, I also have several years of analysis training as well, not to mention some project lead/supervisor experience.

Good luck to all... maybe I'll get something, soon!
Paul
Gibby85

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PonchoTA wrote:

Well, at one point the guy that was going to hire for the position I was applying for set a tentative date for me to come down for an interview, but he had to wait to see if the gov't was going to buy the contract. Evidently, there has been either no decision or a bad one and he was trying to get them to reconsider.
He spends about half his time away from the office, and there is a very fine line between calling to show interest and calling to be a pain in the ass! I was at the top of a very short list of potentials, and I feel that any more contact might just piss him off.
There are also (more than) a couple of positions I am IDEALLY suited for in San Dog, but I have gotten ZIP for responses!! Dammit!
I need to "borrow" an address down in SoCal so I can be considered I guess.

Btw, since you were asking, I am an Electrical Engineer but with little experience BEING an engineer. I need a mentored/associate position so I can learn under the guidance of a senior engineer. I have many years of technical experience, being a senior EW, I also have several years of analysis training as well, not to mention some project lead/supervisor experience.

Good luck to all... maybe I'll get something, soon!
Paul

What contract was this for, Paul? I'm kind of dealing with the same thing right now, just awaiting Titan to get this contract with the Air Force and then call me. Just keeping the fingers crossed and the prayers going.

You were an EW? Those guys don't even do any tech stuff. Wink Should've been an ET or an IT dude. Very Happy Good luck to you nonetheless man.

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibby85 wrote:

What contract was this for, Paul? I'm kind of dealing with the same thing right now, just awaiting Titan to get this contract with the Air Force and then call me. Just keeping the fingers crossed and the prayers going.

You were an EW? Those guys don't even do any tech stuff. Wink Should've been an ET or an IT dude. Very Happy Good luck to you nonetheless man.

Are you crazy?! I've got as much tech school under my belt as some ET's, and more than most. I've got digital and analog troubleshooting skills down to the component level (which is farther than most ET's can go) and system level tech as well. I didn't want to go IT because that limited me too much!
I can "out-tech" most techs, thank you very much!

The contract I'm "competing" for is the upgrade/update for the EA-6B/E-2C/MH-60 ES database analysis (threat analysis and streamlining)
I don't think they got it, hence the lack of call. I've got to call the guy again, maybe today..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: