Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stereo install

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Stereo install Reply with quote

Hey folks,

Does anybody have any recommendation of a good installation place near or in Everett?
I have the stereo and amp, (but still need speakers.) I used to do stereo installs, but I think this is out of my league to do a nice job like I want. I would rather some pros do it. Only problem is I don't want to pay the arm and leg that I think it costs. If nothing else, can you make an educated guess on how much it usually costs?
I am also interested in getting a small footprint (8" or so) tube sub, but that can be later. If the wire is left "dead-ended" in back, I should be able to retrofit later.

Any ideas/help/contacts out there?

Thanks!
Paul
Gibby85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well dude, most professionaly places will charge you an arm and a leg because you already have the goods from somewhere else. They like to give "free installs" when you buy their stuff.

Just do it yourself man, stereo installation is all common sense and attention to detail, and I know a retired squidly should be able to swing both (except the common sense part, you DID do 20 years, my five is up as I'm on terminal leave now).

The deck should have the schematics as a sticker on it so you know which wires are what, and then replace with the ones from the stocker or whatever is in there. Get a multimeter to be sure which are hot, and you can even use like a 9 volt battery to plug up speaker wires and get a crackle out of them to find out which is which. If you need help, just shoot me an email or call me on my celly (360) 710-6879.

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know HOW to do an install, I used to do them myself! That's how I bought my second car! Laughing (granted, it WAS a '70 Duster, but it had a 360 truck racing motor in there with a 4 speed and Dana rear!! It would smoke the tires just by LOOKING at the accelerator!)
BUT, I don't have the flexibility(!) or the really good tools, or garage to do it. Plus, I know how impatient I get, I would probably skip a couple of detail steps in order to get it done for now, then never go back for it again. Sad

It would almost be worth it to have someone do it really professionally... especially if I had some more details to attend to! The 30-year-old wiring in there is really set in its path, and no amount of wire ties will convince it otherwise! (It's already complicated enough with the Autometers replacing the stock gauges!)

I guess I'll keep looking though! I thought maybe someone on here knew somebody that knew somebody...
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you about not getting back and finishing the stereo. My amp still lives on the back seat. Embarassed
Gibby85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes, I heard you the first time about being able to do wiring, but I still didn't believe you! Laughing

Sorry, I don't know anyone that knows anyone except for myself. But sometimes it IS just worth it to have it professionally done. That way, if THEY get impatient and skip a step......and your stereo blows, they have to replace it.....not YOU! Wink

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: