Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

quick flywheel question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: quick flywheel question Reply with quote

ok i had someone install my clutch for me cause i just wasnt feeling it... and i told him to resurface the flywheel just incase he wasnt going to do it... 160k on the flywheel figured uhh yeah do it no matter what... guess what? yeah he didnt do it.. now its back together and im gettin some clutch chatter from starting from a go... im guessin that no resurfacin could be the cause? just tryin to get some more opinions on this please... before i pay the man for a job not done.. so now i get to do it myself this weekend anyway oh boy joy! hehe thanks guys

Tim
PonchoTA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could also be because of oil (from handling the disc with dirty hands) on the clutch disc.

If you have the clutch pedal all the way down, and you feel a shuddering in your leg, I think that is an indication of the flywheel not being surfaced, but not necessarily chattering on initial go.

If it's just light oils on the disc, it may just go away after a few weeks of driving, ya never know.

My 2 cents,
Paul
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres one more question... if infact itwas maybe a dirty clutch would that affect overall performance in every gear everytime i shift? i mean this is only doing it when i start.. it makes a sounds like the clutch is just spinning freely against the flywheel.. hear from inside and outside the car.. but i mean i can just pop the clutch and itll just grab, its got no problem grabbing in any gear the clutch is great.. just have that one problem off the line...

Thanks
Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: