Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tranny Cooler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpopo573

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Tranny Cooler Reply with quote

Hi guys, tech question here.

Which tranny cooler from B&M or a brand of your choosing is a good fit for our cars. I am just thinking of buying the 19,000 GVW cooler from B&M for 59 dollars from summit, but I almost forgot to see if there is a fitment issue with any of those.

What are you guys running? Reccomend?

Thanks,

Dylan

2000 Maxima SE 5 Speed VQ30
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I think I bought the 14 GVW one and it was fine.

Just go to B&M and look at the dimensions. There is ALOT of room to mount one down there.
mrpopo573

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I suppose 14gvw or even 19gvw will keep me pretty cool.

Wiggly wiggly <-- My tranny

2000 Maxima SE 5 Speed VQ30
Gibby85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, lot's of room. Keep in mind that a higher stall converter generates a lot of heat. So purchasing your cooler should be dependent on requirements. It's an easy install, nonetheless. Oh, and B&M usually has a temperature bypass for cold weather. Make sure it does.

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibby85 wrote:
Yeah, lot's of room. Keep in mind that a higher stall converter generates a lot of heat. So purchasing your cooler should be dependent on requirements. It's an easy install, nonetheless. Oh, and B&M usually has a temperature bypass for cold weather. Make sure it does.

If you run the ATF through the tranny cooler first and then through the radiator, you'll be fine.

Even vice versa is fine, just don't run it straight through the cooler itself only, unless you live in like AZ or something.
Gibby85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
Gibby85 wrote:

If you run the ATF through the tranny cooler first and then through the radiator, you'll be fine.

Even vice versa is fine, just don't run it straight through the cooler itself only, unless you live in like AZ or something.

That would be the difference in running it in parallel or not. Most instruction tells you to run it through the radiator first.

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibby85 wrote:
Twilightoptics wrote:
Gibby85 wrote:

That would be the difference in running it in parallel or not. Most instruction tells you to run it through the radiator first.

I talked to my trans guy about it. He said up here you want it through the radiator at some point. Depends on the stall you're running. Stock he said it really wont matter. A 3000stall like I had, it was better to run through the rad first (like stock cooling) then through the cooler.

But DO NOT run it through the cooler only unless all you do is race. The fluid needs to be warmed up to a certain temp, and doing so will keep it too cold under normal driving conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: