Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Win some, Lose some....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roshambo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Win some, Lose some.... Reply with quote

Well, I found out yesterday I got the job down in Gold Beach doing paint.. it was such a nice day I went for a cruise in the Jimmy, rolled down the rear window and when I came back all it would do was go down.. so, the power motor died on me.

This morning I went out to run some errands and pee in a cup (had to studay hard for that test... ), went out and the battery was dead. So, I jumped it and headed out. Got there, pee'd, went home. Came out to mess with the window and the battery was dead again. It's an older battery so I think it's totally dead... put it on the charger, so we'll see.

Back to the switch... check for power and its getting it at the motor, but no dice after that. So, I undid the regulator cable, stuck the end in the power drill and rolled the window up. $80 for a new window motor, or $40 for a chrome locking manual crank.. time to convert to a manual window I think. Wink

Anyways... that was my day... how was everybody elses? Cool

-Joe

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i worked like always . . .

in other news, the fuel leak on the audi hasn't killed me yet!!!!

(i feel like i am driving a time bomb)

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Project_1986_TA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks about the Jimmy Joe....and congrats on the new job! My day was pretty good. School....Visit to the Yamaha dealership and then home to sit on my a$$ til i go to my weight lifting class later tonight.
Gibby85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a similarly messed up morning, though my day wasn't nicer in any way after that either. I just got home yesterday from a 1 month outing and then had to get up early this morning (5am) to get to work for duty. Well, the Camaro hasn't been started since I left, the Lady has her own car now so she shuns the Camaro (it DOES like to break down when I'm not home so it's understandable Sad ). Anyway, I didn't think anything of it. Was ready to get to work as I dragged myself out of the house and into the car......it didn't even THINK about turning over....the battery was one hundred percent DEAD! So I then hurried up and pulled the GTP up and tried to jump it....I'll be damned if the mofo didn't even want to start then, it would turnover once then....no more juice. I was by myself and in a hurry so I couldn't let it sit nor was I going to wake up the Mrs. just so she could hold her foot on the gas while I cranked the Camaro. Needless to say, I took HER car to work. I'm going to put the Camaro on the battery charger in the morning.....I'm just glad it's not going to rain because she's outside instead of back in the garage.

Now I'm at work, have been super busy, stressed, and hating the navy as usual. I didn't get but 5 hours with my wife before I had to be back here for a 24 hour duty day. Oh man, I'm so anxious for terminal leave to start in only 64 days! Almost out of the Navy!! Smile

Anyway, that was my day....so far, I still have the rest of the day and night to go. Sad

www.cardomain.com/id/gibbys85
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool day. In a four day training class in Wilsonville. Been riding the bike - weather has been great although is was a wee bit cold this morning. Kind of a nice change of pace.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a killer electrical short I was chasing down today on a 95 s10 blazer. The power accessory circuit breaker would intermittently short to ground over heat and open. So after unplugging almost every thing on that circuit I finally found it was on the passenger seat lumbar inflation circuit. Two of the wires, as they go up in to the seat, rub on a metal part of the seat frame, causing the wires to short out the circuit.

Also had some easy work brakes on a Volvo a couple of UVI's only flagged 8.2 so I made 2 tenths today Cool

And had dinner with my grandparents.

That is about it.

-bart
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see no car problems today Cool Kind of a work as usual day, got into work about 8:20. Then went up to Bellingham after work to spend the evening with the girlfriend. For those who haven't seen it, Pulp Fiction is one strange movie.
Roshambo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess wrote:
For those who haven't seen it, Pulp Fiction is one strange movie.

Yeah.. watch it at least 2 more times.. it'll make more sense. Smile

-Joe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry some of ya had a rough one, pretty smooth one for me. Car died at a couple stoplights, but nothing out of the ordinary, just had to restart it.

Dewey be careful, it sounds like you are having a bit more of an exhilerating driving experience than desireable!

Schultzy that's a nifty PS ya got there. Very Happy

Jess, that's for sure it is weird. My (sorta)wife loves it, and so I've seen it too many times, and it makes sense after a couple repeats. There are a few damn funny parts I must admit, but generally I'm not a big fan of Tarantino's style.
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess wrote:
spend the evening with the girlfriend.

hold the phone for a minute . . .

the last girl i heard about in your life, was the girl from blockbuster ??? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TecherB
Princess B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jess has a girlfriend? Confused
When did that happen? Jess why have you been holding out on us?

Way to go dude so is she in to cars or just jewelry?

-bart
Red91RSCamaro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pretty nice day after getting a late start to the day. Took the Tops off and enjoyed the sun while it was out. Picked up a friend and went out to lunch, she enjoyed having the tops off too Very Happy Met up with bad dawg and made him a happy man with the new 145 speedo. Went to school which was pretty boring then had to take my friend back home after that. All and All a nice day.
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TecherB wrote:
Jess has a girlfriend? Confused
When did that happen? Way to go dude so is she in to cars or just jewelry?

Yes, yes he does Yup yup Officially last week, but we've been seeing each other basically all year.

I wouldn't describe her as a car enthusiast, and come on Bart silly question. Is there a woman on this planet that doesn't like Jewelry Confused Razz
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i feel like a real loser.

even Jess has a women in his life

(goes back to talking to the walls in my house)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: