Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few qeustions..some opinions/input needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: A few qeustions..some opinions/input needed. Reply with quote

quite a few things on my mind im trying to get sorted out

first off...what to do with my/my gf's 85 iroc,ill fill you in on the plans already set..

its going to be house of kolors black and blue mettalic {kind of a DARK dark purply black/blue depdning on light} will have silver gfx most likely with silver painted zr1 wheels.

cant figure out what to do with the motor yet,she has the LB9 305 215 hp and 275 tq,motor runs GREAT,but its a tad on the docile side,and kim wants to be able to go racing with me this race season and whoop up o nthe ricers,so shes gonna need a tad more.

my question is,should i just mod the existing 305? or throw the 400 i have in it with a stealthram since Joe is taking the TPI. or should i just carb the 305 or the 400? maybe build a 350? i dunno i have a boatload of stuff to work with so pretty much any motor combination is possible,give me thoughts ideas opinions or whatever.

btw,drivetrain will consist of 3.73 posi disc with 700r4 and stall depending on whats done for a powerplant.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roshambo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kinda racing? Draaaaag racing, or twisty type stuff? Confused

I'm gonna guess drag racing, since you mentioned stall and you are a redneck.

Anyways.. ditch the Tree O' Five... she'll get bit by the bug and want to go faster and it'll just hold her back in the long run. I dunno why, but I think a nice solid built 355 with a Holley Pro-Injection would be killer. Smile

Something programmable with good all around torque and horsepower, and not something you see everyday....

-Joe

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roshambo wrote:
What kinda racing? Draaaaag racing, or twisty type stuff? Confused

I'm gonna guess drag racing, since you mentioned stall and you are a redneck.

Anyways.. ditch the Tree O' Five... she'll get bit by the bug and want to go faster and it'll just hold her back in the long run. I dunno why, but I think a nice solid built 355 with a Holley Pro-Injection would be killer. Smile

Something programmable with good all around torque and horsepower, and not something you see everyday....

-Joe
actually her cars setup for both,its got koni adjustables all the way around,full poly susp kit,lca's and tq arm.

355 with some projection eh? the projection is the 4 bbl DRY tbi? or the wet TBI ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go witht he dry TBI setup.

have you thought about a blower? a little weiand would really wake things up, just do a 350, with forged slugs. pretty good setup for about 500hp.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
go witht he dry TBI setup.

have you thought about a blower? a little weiand would really wake things up, just do a 350, with forged slugs. pretty good setup for about 500hp.
i thought about a little weiand or b&m 144 or 177,but the 177 i had a year or so back would have needed a BIG cowl on the black t/a i had..

the cmaro would probably need a 4 inch or MORE to fit all this under a hood Sad and i know kim would complain about a big ole cowl ,she complains about the factory 84 cowl hood on my t/a as it is Laughing

so blower is probably out of the question, i have a set of used vortec heads i could use for it,bleh i dunno,btw the budget is around 3-3500 for the motor and trans rebuild which is gonna take up about 600 of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: