Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone out there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Anyone out there? Reply with quote

Hey Guys its been a long time, wanted to see if any of the crewbies are still out there on here or if we are only using this for storage now?

If there is someone out there, Whats up! been a long time!

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still around. Check the boards periodically, but not much happening Sad
'89 Firebird V6 - Sold
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That a bummer. These boards were a bit of fun back in the day. To bad we could get some new blood in here to take it back off. To much facebook junk nowadays.

My Z car is still hanging in the garage since we have been racing our other two cars. Right now it catches my little girls eye any time she goes in there. She has to sit in it and strap in haha. Thinking I need to get it put together just to take her for a ride lol

9.17 @ 148
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izcain wrote:
Thinking I need to get it put together just to take her for a ride lol

Totally! My kids love riding in the Firebird, the 6 year old always wants to get the front seat.

Too bad its not starting right now, hopefully figure something out by the weekend and hopefully its something I can fix....

Be nice to see an uptick on activity here...
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to get things going again. it was always the gatherings that generated interest/activity. Come on summer!

Hope everyone is well.

Merry Christmas!

Cool at Christmas time USA

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. A few of us check now and again. My car is sitting for now. I am hoping after some Covid clears up, maybe do something. Ian mentioned maybe hosting a get together. Lockdowns kind of ruined that idea.

Wish we could get traffic back here. I still prefer the forum to facebook, bit it seems that ship has sailed.

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think an upgrade to the new mobile friendly version of the forum software could help. With how much people live on their phones these days, if it were easy to interact on mobile, might encourage more participation...
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may give upgrading the forums a spin one of these days. We may lose some of the customizations though. But at this point, it can't get slower in here.

"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
d00012

2007 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check it periodically, but haven't signed in/left a comment in forever. I also haven't had an f-body in like 6 years.
90RSrocks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check it out occasionally but haven't had reason to post in a long time. Sold both Camaros long ago and was in the Reno/Tahoe area for over 5 years. Very glad to be back in the beautiful NW, back in Portland proper. Now I just need to snag a Camaro again and then all will be well, lol.

Kelly
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see some memebers still hanging in there.

My little one finally got the best of me and the Z car is being resurrected right now. After test fitting the BBC setup a couple of times and the ed quay headers I have everything welded up and ready. Just need to weld the tabs for the motor plate once I get it all in the final spot.

The motor is now installed and I am putting together all the other odds and ends around it. Got a new custom made fuel cell on order from behind bars race cars. Looking forward to having it up and going. I am putting another kirkey passenger seat in the car with one of the old harnesses so my kids can ride around with. Although it will be track only I still plan to maybe take them to school up the road 2 miles.

Open headers will be a winner im sure for the kids haha

9.17 @ 148
Magman
11sec Club

1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellas what's up? Good to see some of you are still out there. For some reason I thought I'd check in on the boards today and saw this post. I haven't had my IROC on the street for quite some time now. It's basically been stored since I left for Japan in 2016. Now I'm retired (Navy) and started another career. I've been tinkering with the IROC, but since I did the last mods, I really haven't gotten it going yet. It's like priority #10 on my to-do list!

Take care!
-Tim

izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from people out there!

This is where I'm at now. Tomorrow carb parts show and I will get busy building a custom carb. Got the accusump plumbed and the vacuum pump plumbed tonight along with priming the engine and getting it ready to put the distributor in. My tank got sent also! We are moving along!

I'm trying to figure out how I can add pictures to this from my phone but alas I am not smart enough lol

9.17 @ 148
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hey! Late to the nostalgia post, but I am still around. My cars however are not. I parted out the 86 a few years ago and just sold the 88 last year. 86 had 270,000 miles on it. The 1988 had 220,000.

I drive a 2012 Nissan Leaf now. Sad

I have been getting the Fbody urge again though. I have been putting a lot of thought into a "Formula E" electric conversion. Would take way more money and time than I have to do it right, so I just drive my 1989 GTA around in Forza Horizon.

And for old times sake: Bump Cheers Burnout Rock on!
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xophertony wrote:
Hey Hey! Late to the nostalgia post, but I am still around. My cars however are not. I parted out the 86 a few years ago and just sold the 88 last year. 86 had 270,000 miles on it. The 1988 had 220,000.

I drive a 2012 Nissan Leaf now. Sad

I have been getting the Fbody urge again though. I have been putting a lot of thought into a "Formula E" electric conversion. Would take way more money and time than I have to do it right, so I just drive my 1989 GTA around in Forza Horizon.

And for old times sake: Bump Cheers Burnout Rock on!

Hey Tony,
Glad to see your still around man!

I was able to bring Z out of retirement for the last race at pacific for the West Coast Grudge small tire heads up shootout.

We made it down to 3 cars LOL I was shocked and honestly went just for some shakedown passes and to have fun. I normally attend these races in our heads up car that is much more oriented for this type of racing. (much quicker also haha) Car was no where near setup to run with the guys but alas it hauled butt and I now have alot to think about this winter about what to improve and how to go about doing it. Z didnt want to give up and we have some great luck in that car!

It was a no time event so other cars dont get your time. it is all 1/8th mile We ran 5.50 at 131 though with a 1.2x 60 since im sure most others are not going to be looking on this forum to find out. haha Smile

That was without turning the car up alot and on a rough setup suspension wise. It was a radial prepped track and we were on a stiff wall slick so it wanted to rattle the tires really easy. I wish I could figure out the pictures on here but maybe we have a facebook page I can post to if not?

All the while the back window was flying the cascadecrew banner! Very Happy

9.17 @ 148
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove my GTA since 2015 with no crew sticker. My hatch had gotten smashed, so I drove to Corvallis to get another that had no defroster lines. "

Remember when every junkyard had 7-10 3rd gens loaded with parts? I do. Good times.

Sounds like a fun event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: