Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked 585ci? That thing was already a beast!

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep 585 haha

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to get my pictures up again.

Ed Quay headers showed up this week. Funny how they don't come from Ed Quay though..... Laughing

Nice pieces 2 1/4 into 4 inch collectors with pulse cones added in the collectors. I still have to finish weld the pipes to the flanges but wont do that until I get them mocked up in the car.

Got the 1250 dominator pulled apart and going to work on making it better. Looking at changing to the cnc boosters, 2 circuit blocks, and fuel bowls with the sight holes.

I pulled the factory tank out this past weekend and low and behold there was the original build sheet stuffed in there against the body. It was in amazing shape considering it is 36 years old. Was able to read most of it.

Thinking about installing a behind bars race cars aluminum cell. This way I still have the capacity and factory style fill. But can also have the feed for whatever I decide to put in the car to power it.

On the motor front I got the belt drive install buttoned up and degreed in the camshaft. Tonight I will work on getting the oil pan on and the bottom end finished up completely.

I have to get the heads over to the machine shop so that they can valve job them, flow them, and respring them for my new camshaft.

9.17 @ 148
Jess
Administrator

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izcain wrote:

Nice pieces 2 1/4 into 4 inch collectors with pulse cones added in the collectors.

That's some serious exhaust, do you run that through any type of mufflers or is she purely an uncorked track terror?
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a exhaust I made that I could take off and on with the old setup. I will probably do something like this eventually for this setup as well. For the most part it will be wide open though! Very Happy

9.17 @ 148
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pull that off when you blap/blap/blap your way up to the line, then click of a 9 second run.

You look like a wanker when you have open exhaust and run 15's.

How much nitrous are you going to run on this? as much as you ran on the old setup?

With that many cubes, if you pump in that much nitrous, I imagine you are looking to try to get deep into the 8's , or have you a set an initial goal for this combo once you get it dialed in, and launching figured out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
You can pull that off when you blap/blap/blap your way up to the line, then click of a 9 second run.

You look like a wanker when you have open exhaust and run 15's.

How much nitrous are you going to run on this? as much as you ran on the old setup?

With that many cubes, if you pump in that much nitrous, I imagine you are looking to try to get deep into the 8's , or have you a set an initial goal for this combo once you get it dialed in, and launching figured out?

I agree there is not much sleeper about the car anymore that's for sure.

I have a Induction solutions sledgehammer plate. It is capable of supplying over 600 hp worth if I wanted to turn the wick up. I spoke with JE pistons about the pistons I am running and they said that they would not be worried one bit at the 350hp level if not more. So that is what I am shooting for.

The Sledgehammer is a dual entry plate.

This engine with less camshaft, less carburation, and no nitrous pushed a 2600+ lb door car to 8.1x at more then 170 miles and hour. I am thinking that with the proper camshaft, converter combo, along with better tuning and turning on the nitrous...…….. Lets just say I should put my 8.50 cage to full use LOL

I am always realistic in my approach though so with that said I will be happy with anywhere in the 8's

Considering that this engine should be more the 10X the original LG4 305's hp output it will be interesting to get it all working together.

Very Happy

Defiantly to do this right it has been a lengthy change over. between a new motor plate, different converter, better fuel system to support the power, different springs for the front, headers, the list just keeps going lol

9.17 @ 148
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keeping this updated.

We had another billet converter from A1 transmission that was a spare for our other car. So I sent that in to be stalled for "Z" so that should get a good converter here shortly.

Fuel pump is on its way back from aeromotive Going to run a A2000 pump. Had Aeromotive rebuild it since it was giving the previous owner problems.

Car is in the trailer so that I can haul it to the Bremerton airport for chassis cert this sat. Once that is good I will not really be pushed to get it running until may.

Still need to finish removing all the stock fuel lines and whatnot since I removed the factory fuel tank to make way for a cell. Don't need lines hanging out under there for no reason.

Been working on this Holley 1250 dominator I am going to run. Got the boosters removed. Going to change to billet boosters, billet blocks, and aluminum fuel bowl with sight windows. Still will be cheaper then sending it out. I have been researching quite a bit on the proper emulsion jetting to start with. Hoping it will work well when done.

9.17 @ 148
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chassis cert done! Very Happy
good for another 3 years there.

I word about aeromotive. If you purchase a fuel pump and it looks rough and you send it to them for a rebuild it appears they send new back if it looks bad enough lol.
I am pretty sure they just sent a new a2000 pump back to me. No scratches on this one like the previous one. So that is cool.

Now to try to push this heavy girl back into the garage LOL

9.17 @ 148
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! When does the season start up there?

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: