Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will work.

A little go pro action.
https://www.facebook.com/zachary.cain.777/posts/1505045139534017?comment_id=1505832316121966&notif_t=feed_comment&notif_id=1503361118549552

Funny how the camera doesn't pick up the purge or see out real well. I need to adjust it I think.

1983 Z28 Got a new heart!
9.48 @ 143
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does work. That thing actually launches pretty darn straight, makes it look like a 9sec pass is no big deal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it has always been very predictable. That was 1.45 in the 60

I watch the go pro and think the same thing. Until your riding in it lol

9.48 @ 143
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks so casual! Sign of a good build I say. No burn out even?
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man!

There was a burnout in the beginning of the vid albeit not a very long one, it could of used a touch more heat in the tires.

9.48 @ 143
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we have burned up the transmission. It didn't scatter itself and it made it back into the trailer and back into the garage so I call that a win.

We have secret squirrel parts coming this next week. Let's just say we won't be having trans issues anymore lol

9.48 @ 143
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission specialties inc. 5000 series powerglide is on the way.

1.80 straight cut gears, billet input and output shafts, Sfi case, roller tailshaft, basically the best of everything. They rate it for 2000+ hp.

The converter is on its way back to Lenny @ ultimate for a restall and cleaning for the new combo.

Precision Performance shifters is supplying a new shifter assy. It is a bad@ss piece. Weighs less then 10 lbs

The glide should shave between 40-50 pounds out of the car also from what tsi is saying.

Plus no more blankets and stuff.

9.48 @ 143
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the TSI glide is installed in the car. It is back down on the ground, runs and shifts. Time to load it up and see how it goes Sunday.

Lenny at Ultimate converters restalled the converter and gave it a cleaning from the last bit of mayhem.

Scaled the car last night and moving to a glide has shedded almost exactly 50 pounds out of the car. It is now 2945 without driver. What is interesting is that the rear is a bit uneven, by about 140 pounds or so. If it was the right side I wouldn't care but it is the drivers side without me in it. I am thinking a drag race anti roll bar is finally in order to even that out.

Headed over to Bremerton on sunday for a battle of the brands race. Never done that race so it will be interesting. Hope the car is all ok lol

Had to lengthen the driveshaft, they had to retube the center and rebalance. Along with a fresh set of 1350 spicers.

Going to take me a little bit to get used to the action of the new shifter and getting proficient with it. There is only so much sitting in the car making motor sounds that you can do before having to do the real thing lol

9.48 @ 143
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't miss that single shift now. Laughing Does a race glide still hog less power then the turbo?
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea this one has roller everything including tailshaft so it takes a bet less hp to turn the the th350. I had the Torrington bearings throughout the th350 but it still doesn't compare.

I am happy to report that the new glide is awesome.

Same tuneup (mild 150hp hit) the car ran a new best of 9.48 @ 143 along with a 1.44 60'

This was at 80% start and ramped to 100% over 1.5 sec.

It repeated within a couple thousands for 4 passes until being eliminated. I redlighted by -.009 AHHHH Embarassed

I turned up the car for a time only run but the cars in front of me oiled down the track so I didn't get to run it and had to call it for the day.

I really wanted that 8.90 pass but it's ok. We will come out swinging next year with even better things to come. Very Happy

It was a great season this year and the car is faster and stronger then ever.

9.48 @ 143
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everyone using for posting pictures now? Everytime I time to post something from my phone or anything it is always to big.....

9.48 @ 143
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Google because I have an Android phone and my pictures end up being there anyway. But it is a a round about process to get pictures to display in forums from a Google account, and the pictures will not show up on this site at all. That's why my posts here no longer have pictures. I can display pictures at thirdgen.org though.
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So end of season,

Time for extensive garage cleanout and getting everything ready for the next round of tear down, inspection, and update. Figured I would just keep adding to this thread and keep it updated so here is the plan for the winter.

This winter I think is definitely time to upgrade the brakes. Looking at a willwood or strange drag setup with drilled rotors, They claim a 50 pound decrease. Thinking for sure it will be a manual brake conversion. Any of you crewbies have experience in these brake kits and manual conversions?

I always have good brakes thru the traps but on the line it can be a little annoying with the hard pedal, even with an extra catch can for vacuum. Which is more weight also that can come out.

Also going to look really hard at the rearend setup and see how the axles are doing and if need be, replace with larger spline count. 31 splines are in it right now. If I end up going down that route it will definitely get a aluminum bolt thru center case and 35 spline axles with a spool. The Detroit trutrac has worked flawless but I fear I am at the end of the spectrum for use. Not to mention this would also drop a lot of weight out of the car.

Also thinking I will pull the top end of the motor apart a little bit and inspect the lifters and install a new bronze gear on the dizzy to make sure there is no problems for next season.

In the motor department I think ed quay is finally going to get a call and I am going to move to some 1 7/8's or 2" headers with 3.5" collectors. This along with a larger carb. Trying to talk with some people and see if I want to stay with a 4150 style carb or move to a dominator 4500 carb.

Definitely going to be installing a chute bracket finally and a decent chute on the back. It is time and I know I am skating on the edge of needing one. I would rather have it in a emergency then be without.

This season got me really thinking also when I watched the car in front of me catch on fire as it was headed up the return rd. and dropped crap all over the ground right underneath my car. It got me thinking about doing something in the car that would help save it if need be. All this money and time and effort spent it would be a shame to lose it. Maybe some kind of halon setup or something. I see them advertised in the summit catalog and have installed the 10 lb one in a drag car I built for a customer. Even a smaller 5 lb setup. Just something to help buy you some time till help got there.

Funny how you start thinking about that sort of stuff as you get older and your family is now in the grandstands watching you! lol

It is a very optimistic list and if I even get half of this done I will be happy but better to shoot for the stars and be happy to get off the couch then to not have any plans.

9.48 @ 143
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: