Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The future of CC...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, I'm more than happy to take over the technical side of the site if you want to be done with it. I also think we should pursue a partnership with the FB group; there's so many benefits to forums when it comes to writeups and project threads. Many other forums that I'm involved with have been dying for a while as well, but I have hope that if we take an active role in participation and promotion, we can maintain the usefulness and longevity of this site for us PNW members.

My Camaro has been the same for years now, but I have a few things brewing soon. I've been collecting parts. I've been too busy this year buying a house and renovating my new shop space to worry about my cars at all beyond the standard break-fix cycle.

Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the technical work isn't much at all, since i haven't exactly redesigned the site in years and years.

It is the money (although not that much really) for something that isn't used.

I'm in the same boat, car has just been sitting, I have a crap ton of parts and could be close to starting my build, but things keep coming up. And now, with a new plan in place, it really might be another 5-6-7 years before I do anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fiveoformula

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id sure like to see the site up and running. I understand it hasn't seen much use though.
The FB crowd kinda makes my eyes roll Rolling Eyes
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Honestly, the technical work isn't much at all, since i haven't exactly redesigned the site in years and years.

It is the money (although not that much really) for something that isn't used.

I'm in the same boat, car has just been sitting, I have a crap ton of parts and could be close to starting my build, but things keep coming up. And now, with a new plan in place, it really might be another 5-6-7 years before I do anything.

Understood. I guess my point was, I'll pay for it out of my own pocket before I would want to see it go. So if you no longer want to pay, let me take it over. Laughing

Maybe an update would be more attractive for users. I kind of appreciate the old school phpBB simplicity, but it doesn't feel modern. Maybe it contributes to the image of our site languishing in the past...

I would love to see the NW ThirdGens page be the place for daily BSing, craigslist posts, simple questions and general car pictures. Use the forum for sale posts, specs documentation, build threads, event planning (although attendance tracking and post-day of pictures could go in FB groups) and technical writeups.

Also... our name is way way better. Cool

Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking the biggest issue, is we haven't gotten together in a really long time, and when the in person stuff isn't happening, we all don't post much.

Maybe I'll plan to renew the site, and force myself to make time to update it a bit. What might also be a good thing, is to let someone more active on FB and social media, handle that side of things, and keep interest up?

I don't want to step on other groups toes or anything, but maybe us being more involved on social media will generate interest from new and younger people.

If we are honest, none of us are spring chickens anymore, and have been doing this for 20 years now, so we probably just don't show the enthusiasm we used to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: