Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cool factor or function factor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Cool factor or function factor? Reply with quote

Dear Lama,

As I've grown older I've found time is money.

Well, I've got a classic car that needs many updates: brakes, suspension, engine (underpowered turd.) Many hours have been logged, and many more will need to be to make this unit properly roadworthy. But the car has serious "cool" factor.

And I've found comfort in modern technology and creature comforts. Power options, air con, modern suspensions, etc. There's a similar vehicle, much more modern, that handles better, feels better, and wouldn't need so many of the updates/repairs as my classic.

For a little more money overall than I will need to put into the classic, and far, far less time, I can purchase and upgrade the modern platform which will far outperform the classic if it was to be updated.

The modern car, however, has much less "cool" factor.

So I am torn. Cool factor? Or function?

Thanks Lama
-Feeling old and torn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear old and torn,

At your age, I suspect that you have already learned a few hard lessons about missed opportunities and regret. Much like not asking the cheerleader to go to prom. If you get my drift, going for the new car, is a bit like running into the cheerleader at the grocery store 20 years later, and taking her home because it is easy. Now you have a frumpy ex-cheerleader with 3 kids because you took the easy route. It may make you feel good initially, because you finally got the cheerleader of your dreams, until you realize that you put just a few miles on her, and the newness factor wears off, you have a car...errr...cheerleaader who depreciates like a Greek drachma.

You'll never regret the hours you put into the classic, you'll always regret the classic you let go.

Go for cool, or at least as cool as a crewbie can be.

Cheers,
The Lama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Dear Lama All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: