Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camaro vs falling tree

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Camaro vs falling tree Reply with quote

Last week, I had a small mishap on my morning commute. Out of the blue, no wind or rain, a tree fell across Bond Road in Poulsbo as I was passing through. One of its branches landed across the cowl of my hood and windshield. I heard that the main trunk fell behind be, it was still dark and the area has very little light. I did make it the last few miles to the Park-n-Ride, then had the car towed home in the afternoon.

Damage seems limited to the cowl area of the hood, the windshield and a small area of windshield frame. repair is going to be an out of pocket expense as I had minimum insurance but no comprehensive. I'd take the car to an auto glass shop right away, but the windshield frame needs repaired first. Hood can wait as it still functions as it should, and I've been looking at cowl hoods for a while, now I have an excuse to get one..

izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Al I just saw this! That sucks!

I probably have some linkage parts if need be since my car seems to not have windshield wipers anymore lol

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yowza! You were nearly killed! Shocked

I am so glad you are okay. Sorry about the freak accident damage to your car though. What is the next step from here then?
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windshield frame is repaired and the windshield replaced. Repairing the frame involved replacing the T-Top seals. Wiper arms are replaced as is the cowl screen. Have not replaced the hood yet as it still functions, but I am looking to put on a 2" bolt on cowl. Much of the inside plastic trim still needs to be attached. I am back on the road with the 89.

While I had the car out of commission, I took the opportunity to replace the steering column, which had more problems than just tilt, and replaced the steering shaft with a modified unit that looks like a Cherokee shaft with two u-joints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: