Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible leaky fuel injectors?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheltonw3

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Possible leaky fuel injectors? Reply with quote

I took my car into the shop for fuel rail replacement/repair...but after a few weeks I am getting high idles at start up after sitting all night and smelling fuel on the oil dip stick, is it possible the fuel injectors are leaking gas into the oil?...would this mean having to replace all the fuel injectors?

the work is still under warranty, but the fuel rails are getting harder to find in terms of cost...this problem is causing me to run through gas on short trips!

thanks in advance!

aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly did the shop do? The rails themselves are not a part that should ever need replacement.
sheltonw3

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shop fixed a code 45, and replaced the fuel rails and some vacuum hoses, and changed out the oil since the gas got in to it, it was having a high idle while parked and a crappy idle when in gear and the [SES] light kept coming on, as I said before the work is under warranty, and the fuel rail they got a was a refurbished (not my favorite this to here about!)

and not after a couple of months, its acting up again, no [SES] this time, but a surging and high idle's and gassy smell every now and then.

Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could just be an over fueling issue like a bad o2. If the injectors leaked while parked, you'll have a hard start and instant running rough.

Maybe an evap issue too.

It really concerns me that they sold you a fuel rail. Like Aaron said, unless it's damaged by a mechanic, it is a hard part that doesn't get replaced.

sheltonw3

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the bad O2 sensor, but it is under warranty, so it will go back to the shop and if the fuel rail or injectors are bad, I might just have them replaced???...I'll just have to wait and see what is wrong now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: