Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T56 4th gen pedal swap questions-

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMike98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: T56 4th gen pedal swap questions- Reply with quote

for those that have done a T56 swap-:
I ahve 1990 L98/700R4 going to 96' T56, i will be using 4th gen pedals and 4th gen hydralics..
questions is:
were are your clutch and brake pedals resting.ie. are they even with each other or is one or the other higher/lower and if so by how much????

doing a "mockup" it appears that the brake pedal will be several inches lower that clutch pedal and this seems odd. I think they should be even-but thats why I'am asking this question

not talking about throws or alignment-just resting position with everything hooked up..

--------AND-----

whats that spring on the clutch pedal??pedal seems to go into two positions it wont stay in mid-throw...???? its not a return spring
do you really needs this??
thanks
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clutch pedal is always higher in these cars. Even in stock form. Shouldn't be two inches higher though. You're not pulling the pedal all the way up by hand without the master cylinder attached, are you?

I took this picture the day I bought my yellow Sport Coupe. Bone-stock drivetrain. You can see the difference between the pedals.

The clutch assist spring is an old lady option that they added in '99 or so. It goes in the garbage where it belongs.
91camaro_rs

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 83 came with a plug where the clutch master goes and a pre cut hole! popped the plug out bolted up the pedals and drilled two holes and mounted the master, looks cherry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: