Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hatch release temporary fix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Hatch release temporary fix Reply with quote

Hatch release on the 92 quit working after intermittent failures in the past. My key has never worked to open the hatch since I bought the car, but being a 92, I could always go in through the cargo light opening and operate the release with a screwdriver. Since the pull-down mechanism works, and the hatch motors up when released, I've ruled out the motor and have already checked out everything in the console. The only thing left might be the reversing switch, so I ordered one and found out it was for up to early 91, mine is different, so I cleaned the contacts and reinstalled and it's working fine for a while again.

As for the key not working, it seems the pull-down mechanism was simply mounted too low and I couldn't turn the key with enough force to overcome the pressure on the latch. I moved it up to the upper limits, checked hatch alignment with quarter panels and decided it was good enough. The key turns easy until the end of the cylinder limits, but now I'm able to open the hatch from outside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: