Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3d gen news

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: 3d gen news Reply with quote

Haven't done alot with the 87 in awhile. Peeled off the crappy window tint last week. Waiting for someone else to want their car tinted so the tinter can come down and re-do it. Better clear for now though.

Stereo was bumping then a couple outings ago the amp started kicking in and out. Thought it was done.. exactly 1 month out of the 3 year warranty too. So I took it apart. Really didn't see any corrosion or anything going on. I went ahead and sprayed it down with electronics cleaner. Just put it back in the car and i'm back to rockin. I'm betting one of the internal grounds wasn't making good connection.

My stupid Raven is still here, still attacking my cars. I've resorted to a car cover on the 87. Damn bird likes anything rubber. He's been attacking all the weather stripping on both cars. Ate the wipers and broke the wiper arm off on the 74. Brand new arm too! Evil or Very Mad This last week he's been trying to remove the rear view mirrors from the buckets. Had them pried completely out on the outside edge. He's actually even chipped the bucket on the 74. I haven't seen the the thing to even take a pot shot at it. Must come while i'm at work. I'm afraid to leave the jeep at home with the soft top on, might just come home to holes in it.

Still thinking I'll sell the 87. I just hate to see it not get the care it deserves. Thinking about $4k? Guess I enjoy building them more then when they're done. And after rebuilding her twice I don't think a 3d time is in me.

Anyway, starting to gear up for Cows. Got alot of things to fix around here before then, and need to start polishing up the 87 too.
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That raven needs to go man! Wild.

Would hate to see the 87 go but I understand the feeling. I am thinking I am going to dust the sled off and polish her up for the sun that is promised next week. Usually a few blasts along the Clackamas river after driving the little hybrid all the time puts a big enough grin on my face to get interested again.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always a hard deal, and especially when you figure all the sentimental value we have in our cars. After not doing a thing or even driving my car for a couple years (the motorcycles really took over), I think its time to start working at it again, get the LS swap done, then start looking paint and get it back to a nice car.

Part of me hopes you end up keeping the 87, it kind of hard to imagine you without it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Its always a hard deal, and especially when you figure all the sentimental value we have in our cars. After not doing a thing or even driving my car for a couple years (the motorcycles really took over), I think its time to start working at it again, get the LS swap done, then start looking paint and get it back to a nice car.

Part of me hopes you end up keeping the 87, it kind of hard to imagine you without it.

A big "like" for both of these comments! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: