Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paint in progress
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.. I had a paint shop do me the same way on my 2nd paint job. At the time I had no clue and was relying on them to give me the proper materials. Instead they gave me some generic hardener.. Saved me all of $20 Rolling Eyes Paint went on great then over the next few days it started getting white bumps all over it. They didn't do like eastwood though. I had to buy the 2nd batch of materials. Which I tiger striped! Laughing I've paid my dues with every paint job.
BluFbdy

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at this rate we are seriously pushing our luck with the weather co ditions, they aren't getting any better and if they don't expedite the shipping we will be boned for the winter so at this point its do it now and do it right the second materials arrive we have to tear into the scuff and wipe down and prepare for another coat of blue then clear, another weekend of work
BluFbdy

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as an update, I have spent the last two weekends sanding that clear off the car but its finally done, we prepped and primed all the gfx and put them on the car loose, emerged them in and it will be painted in the next few days. Flint is more than confident that the weather will be good enough to get away with it so after all this work I said go for it, but if anything goes wrong, stop and shut it down im not blocking the car for a5th time lol good news is that any small imperfection we missed with the glazing putty is completely hidden under a thick cost of paint.

Oh and Eastwood ended up replacing BOTH my orders lol so there's already a gallon of sprayable paint on the car, another one sitting on the shelf, and they just sent me two more gallons from the sane lot#/batch lol so it looks like next summer I will be painting the engine bay to match Laughing I found the cup of clear that we gave up on, popped it out and it held the shape of the cup in this like jello form, squishy but firm until I squeezed it then itturned to a rubber shaving like pile. its no wonder why it took so long to sand off

Oh and I scored a new headliner from tumwater for 6$! The guy was like well its not really a whole headliner.....ill give you a discount lol I peeled the messed up fabric off and fiberglassed the board to stiffen it, gotta sand any hairs (aka knives after the resin) and recover it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: