Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PDX Meet: @PIR Beaches Cruise In 7/3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
88I-ROC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: PDX Meet: @PIR Beaches Cruise In 7/3 Reply with quote

Hey guys, for those who are interested, there is a big event at PIR this Wednesday afternoon, tons of cars, drag racing , music, food, alcohol, everything...Admission is like $8. Me and another Fellow Camaro owner thinking about going, just wanted to see if there is any interest. We are planning to go there at 6PM. They advertise that they usually only let people with 1974 cars and under inside, but I was able to get my car inside most of the times before, and if we come as a group our chances are good.
fiveoformula

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone to this show alot in past years but haven't been there this year. I may bring the Firebird this week and talk my dad into bringing his Corvette. Those shows are always lots of fun. Skyler (DBL_TKE) works at PIR so you'll likely see him there...

'88 FORMULA
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great place to go and hang out. I have been a few times.

Unfortunately I won't be able to go this Wednesday but would definitely like to meet up on a diff Wednesday this summer.

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fiveoformula

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I've never had a problem parking my car in the so-called "pre-74" area. Lol
88I-ROC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa, only on my first time that I went there and didn't know what was going on this young lady gave me sh@&@ about getting my car inside plus my car looked like I drove it daily. But since then I learned my lesson and detailed my car before each time I went there, plus I turn straight to the track instead of letting them guide me to the "common people" parking lot..Smile)

P.S.

I know Skyler works at PIR during the weekends usually, but when I talked to him about this event in the past I got the impression that he usually don't go to that particular event.

Anyways, whoever plan to come, maybe it would be a good idea to meet somewhere there before getting inside, just a thought.
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am back to working Wednesdays which is good for my paycheck but sucks because I have to be so close to the Beaches Cruise-In yet unable to enjoy it. Btw the gates open at 3pm for the cruise-in and the line at the gate gets very long. I wouldn't be surprised if there gets to be over 1000 cars showing tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
88I-ROC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool, I'm working till 5 so the earliest I can be there is by 6. You think they will give us problems getting the cars in?
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on who's working the gate. Some people are really strict about it and others will at least let you in if you've got some sort of American car that is clean and good looking.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Event Calendar All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: