Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone know about updates for a tpi car?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. There's nothing wrong with the one you got. But the size of the hole in the washer regulates the amount of gas the valve flows. So if you dont have the right size washer, it will effect how the motor runs. There may be more then one valve listed for your application. You could probably get one that would work at Napa if you bring the GM part # with you. Also make sure you put the GM # on the top of the valve with the stickers that Napa gives you. Or else next time you wont have a clue what washer either.
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took it back to napa and they ran the numbers again, they said thats the one for my car. he said since it doesnt show a washer on the list that it doesnt need one. could it be possible that it doesnt need one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just shooting my mouth off here...

is it possible for you to take off that rubber part (i'm guessing it's rubber?) that is protruding from your old one, and put it on the new one? It looks like they would fit together just fine?
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried but it is in there solid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
No problem. There's nothing wrong with the one you got. But the size of the hole in the washer regulates the amount of gas the valve flows. So if you dont have the right size washer, it will effect how the motor runs.

Crap, I hope that ford I got mine from was a 5.0L then and wont hurt running on a 4.3L Much!?
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll just have to cover the hole with tuning maybe eh? Very Happy I think I discussed the engine size deal before with you Paul.

It's possible that the valve doesnt require the washer but they usually tell you that in the instructions. I'm working at a shop attached to a Napa and all I ever use are napa valves. Did you have only one sheet of instructions? Many times there are 2.

BTW just looking at napaonline they actually sell the Delphi original valve as well. Part # DEMEG10131 . Your # crosses right to it.
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they ran the numbers and they said they gave me the one that it showed. i still think its the wrong one. the number on the box is 2-3053E. my friend at work called car quest and the one near me has the one i need. hes gonna recheck it again tonight. hopefully i can get it this week and hopefully get my car runnin like it should.
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got the egr on my car today. took it for a drive and seemed to do alright. then it started to knock a bit. but what really seemed weird was the total lack of power at random times. i think its the tranny myself. i would give it gas and the rpm gauge would go up but it wouldnt accelerate. not sure how to go on this one. get the 700R4 rebuilt/buy a rebuilt one or go with a turbo 350/400. i want to keep it as low cost as possible but i also dont wanna loose overdrive. any opinions would be helpful.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the tach shooting up when it "loses power" ?
kidcamaro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes i will have it at about 1000 or so and ill hit the gas and it will jump to 3000 or so but it wont accelerate.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidcamaro wrote:
sometimes i will have it at about 1000 or so and ill hit the gas and it will jump to 3000 or so but it wont accelerate.

Torque converter's shot, or something internal in the trans.

Or you have a 3000rpm Stall Converter.

Check the trans fluid level and color and smell. Should not smell burnt and should be red without pepto bismol.
BigDaddyVu
12sec Club

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced mine and they are the same in your pics just bolt them in the new ones moves the sensor further out and it works better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: