Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday road tripping with the Z.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisB

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Monday road tripping with the Z. Reply with quote

It's been a long, long, long time since I have just had a day to myself to be able to do whatever the f I wanted to. I spent the weekend working on my newly acquired 91 Z28. Anyways, when I got the car, half the interior was missing, the seats were shot, and it ran OK, but not great. I sourced some nearly mint seats and the rest of the interior pieces I needed and spent most of Saturday putting the interior back together. Sunday, I did a tune-up, (plugs/wires/coil etc) It ran a bit better after the tune up but still felt off. I put the timing light on it and found the timing was pretty far off Surprised, so I reset the timing and adjusted the TPS, replaced the fuel filter and whaddya know, she runs great now.

Fast forward to Sunday night, the news is calling for a nice Monday, high pressure, clear skies and temps in the 50s. I'm thinking to myself "You deserve a day off from everything, f it, let's do this".

I absolutely couldn't have picked a better day. It is incredibly nice out today! Cool So I wake up this morning and really have no idea what I am going to do, I had completely forgot what it was like to have this much time to myself. So, I head to Denny's for some mediocre breakfast and to plan my day out.

I still didn't come up with much, I just knew I was going to be doing extensive driving and didn't have a destination. I leave Denny's and I just start driving. I decide to head west. I wanted to avoid high mountain area's obviously being in the Camaro, and I wanted to go to a place of the state I haven't been before. I cross the Tacoma-Narrows bridge and head towards Bremerton. I was debating hopping on the Bremerton ferry and taking that to Seattle, but I've done that before, so I scratched that idea and headed south on highway 3...

First picture of the day, headed west across the Tacoma-Narrows bridge:

Stopped in the town of Belfair to top off, unsure of where my destination would be:

First "scenic" stop was a state park in the small town of Allyn at the North Bay:

I then passed through Shelton, and got on Highway 101 which I thought would take me to the ocean coast, but apparently I was on the wrong stretch of the Loop and I was absolutely determined not to look at a map or use GPS, so I just rolled with it.

I continued on 101 and stopped at Potlatch State Park which is on Annas Bay:

I passed through Lilliwaup and stopped at what I believe was Carroll Point:

I hung out there for a few, walked the beach and decided if I wanted to continue on or not. I decided at that point to turn around and venture onto another highway I had seen not too far back in the town of Hoodsport. It was HWY 119 and would take me into the Olympic Mountains.

I saw a sign for Lake Cushman Dam, so I checked it out. Beavis and Butthead would be disheartened to learn it is also not a "god dam".

This is from above Lake Cushman:

I continued on westward on 119 when about 12 miles in, I learned it would be the end of the road for my journeys. It split off in both directions, but both were dirt roads. Now, I know the Z28 appears to be a 4x4 in the front, but alas it is not and I had come to the end of the road (literally). :hs:

So I retraced my steps and headed back into civilization. After coming out of the mountains, and back along the water, I came across a sign that read hwy 106 and advertised that it would take me to Belfair. So I took that instead of going back the exact way I came, and I'm glad I did.

It took me along the water nearly the entire way and through towns such as Union, and to Twanoh state park.

I continued on my way back through Belfair and Bremerton, back down 16 and across the Tacoma-Narrows bridge once more.

After it was all said and done, I came past Point Defiance to be greeted by this big beautiful bitch who was out in full glory today.

CLIFFS: Bought 91 Z28, Fixed interior, gave tune up. Played hooky, drove 300+ miles around the state of WA. Took pictures. Posted thread, and am currently eating taco bell. The end.

gvmv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a awesome day.
1989 Camaro Iroc-z TPI 305/A4
Among others.......................
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, looks like a total blast!
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool trip. I really like the shot through the spoiler of the mountains.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alphius
Peanut

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! I haven't done that in far too long. Maybe when the LS1 swap is done I'll do the same thing.
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I love just hoping in the car and goong for a nice cruise with no particular destination. In about a month I'll be doing a ~400 mile cruise from here in Portland, up to Tacoma, out to Port Townsend, then back home again with about 3-400 othe cars.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ChrisB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-400?? Was that a typo? That's a load of rigs!
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the awesome scenes and reminding us to get out there Cool

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisB wrote:
3-400?? Was that a typo? That's a load of rigs!

you read correctly. It wont be in the Camaro though. I'll be taking my '92 GTI. The popularity of VW's and European cars in general in the PNW is staggering. Theres at least 3 or 4 cruises a year that big.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck of a cruise, Chris! I used to do the run on 3 through Allyn every day for work. Great view on clear days.

DBL_TKE wrote:
European cars in general in the PNW

Factual! E30 guys left and right around here. All of them Eurotrash though...
ChrisB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Heck of a cruise, Chris! I used to do the run on 3 through Allyn every day for work. Great view on clear days.

DBL_TKE wrote:
European cars in general in the PNW

Factual! E30 guys left and right around here. All of them Eurotrash though...

It definitely is! I have an E46 also, but since I got another 3rd gen, I've only driven it twice.

Guess I'm not quite ready to grow up. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: