Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About to go BALLISTIC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: About to go BALLISTIC Reply with quote

Online shopping this holiday season has really sucked. Two different major companies are pissing me off.

First.. Dell.. Black friday that had xbox live gold cards. 3months for $9.99. Great deal so I order 4 of them. These are online codes and are supposed to be just emailed to you. So I think I should receive these right away right? No they say 2-4 business days.. WTF? What kind of technology company can't handle that transaction instantly.

Then it gets worse. After a couple days I recieve an email saying the codes will be delayed. Couple more days another delay. Couple more and I get a notice saying I need to log in and show that I still want the cards or they will cancel that order. So I do what it says. I come home that night and have a notice that the order is cancelled. Hmm.. did they ever mean to honor their black friday sale? So I get upset and send some emails.

Finally a week or so later I get another email saying my order was cancelled in error. Please call this # to have it reinstated. So I call, and I get the India waiting line. Finally someone answers and though indian/pakistani I can understand her. She says she'll reinstate my order and asks if she has the correct email. She doesnt so I give her the correct one. Tells me everythings good and we hang up.

Couple days later still no sign of any codes. So a few more emails back and forth. Finally someone tells me they were sent to that first erroneous email. Great. So they tell me to log in to this My Locker thing with that email address. Problem is I dont have a password and of course the lost password page sends the password to that email...

I send them another message explaining thats not my email. They message me back that they tried calling me at such and such phone #.. Not my # either. At this point i've got it figured out that they did not reinstate my order but someone elses. But now they have my name and account tied in with theres. So far.. no more response.

Now as if that isn't enough. On Nov 25 I ordered a dishwasher from Sears. It's a nice stainless unit, stainless inside and out and its $200 off! Get it for $499. I put in the order and have it sent to the closest Sears store. Transaction goes through no problem. Says delivery on about Dec 24

Well I keep checking status and every time I do it gets pushed back another couple days. When it gets to Jan 22 delivery date I send a message asking why it takes 2 months to get a dishwasher? The person who gets my message sends me an email saying my order wasnt processed correctly and its now cancelled. But I can order this other dishwasher at the same price. This other one is also maytag but its plastic inside and only has 1 year warranty vs 10years. WTF! No way. Another bait and switch??

So I message back and get told that if I want the one I ordered I can still order it. It's on sale right now for $629.99. Evil or Very Mad I guess it is a bait and switch. I say no freaking way, honor the deal you gave me originally. Then I get on their web forum and explain what is happening. I'm told to email my # to someone then wait for them to call me so we can discuss my order.

Really? I did nothing to cause this and I'm supposed to wait all day for you to call me? Told them the reason I order on the internet is so I don't have to call and talk to someone I can hardly understand and that there's no reason I should have to waste my time this way. I copy/paste the email I got telling me to buy the dishwasher at a higher price. Someone leaves a post saying I should contact the BBB and then sue Sears. That post is miraculously missing this morning.

Now this morning I get an email from them saying they will honor their original price. But first I need to re-order the dishwasher I want, pay the $629.99 then submit a price gaurantee form to them so they can refund me the difference. Ok That's better.. kinda. Except they still havent refunded my original $500 and I don't have another $650 to pay for a second one. They also admit that they see no reason for my order to have been cancelled.

Now I message this person back explaining that. The last thing they said was that I would just have to wait until I have the $650 before they can do any more.
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no... Wow, that's a real pisser, B. I never had much faith in online shopping anyways.

Hope you get everything sorted out.
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect that kinda service from some no-name company, not the popular brand companys like that...

However, my company has had TONS of problems from dell over the years. So really that one doesnt suprise me much.
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: About to go BALLISTIC Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
Except they still havent refunded my original $500

Sketchy.

Personally I don't believe in trying to force businesses to do anything. If they jerk you around and continually refuse to make it right then it's time for a full refund and time for you to take your current and future business elsewhere.

Just my two cents.
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bitch and whine enough, you can get anything you want. I learned that from my mom. Idk exactly what I would do in that situation, but I'd definitely be talking with some "superiors." I sure as hell wouldn't be giving them another dime either. They couldn't handle a simple purchase in the first place, I wouldn't trust that they'd get it right to refund/reorder and handle some BS paperwork. Good luck dude.
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise surprise. Dell came through today. At least I have codes in hand not sure if they work yet!

Nothing more from Sears yet.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I spoke too soon.. The codes they gave me have allready been redeemed. I bet they're the same ones they sent to the wrong email addy and that guy redeemed them...
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nuts man! you have got a ton of patience!

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
redlava

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call sears that is close to you, ask them if they have the dishwasher you want/ordered. In person explain to them that you want the dishwasher and show them your receipt. It is much easier for them to ignore you and push you around over an email compared to when your standing in front of them.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local sears is closing it's doors. Next nearest is a little tiny place.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally getting a case manager from Sears, though I havent had contact with them yet.

Giving up on Dell. Checked my account and they havent even charged me so other then losing the good sale its no big deal. On a side note.. they sent me a message today saying it wasnt their problem that the codes were allready redeemed and that I should contact microsoft. LOL

For an example of a good business, I ordered a 9k lb Engo winch from Rockridge 4x4 in Wenatchee. Well they sent me a message today saying the winches were shipping but that Engo was out of 9k lb units. Would it be allright if they gave me a free upgrade to a 10k unit? Very Happy Suweet!
91RSVert

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how much my 4k winch cost, I dont even want to know the price on a 9 or 10k Surprised
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engo winch. Lifetime warranty on the mechanicals. 1 year on the electrics. Has really good reviews so far. They designed the winches on the humvees. I got the winch/winch plate/and cover with wire cable for $370

This is what I'm getting. http://www.rockridge4wd.com/ENGO-E-Series-E10000-Winch-W-Cable-p/en77-10000pf.htm
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sears is just totally messed up. Was called by a case manager today. He told me I could buy the dishwasher again for $630 and he'd give me 10% off that.. um yeah. Got a little heated and hung up.

5min later he calls back kinda flustered and says best he can do is 20% ends up just about the same deal as before. I told him maybe but my first order hadnt even been refunded yet. Told me he'd work on that and contact me at the end of the week.

Tonight I get an email. My new dishwasher(the original order) has arrived in Astoria and is ready for pickup..

This is after 3 seperate employees have told me the order was cancelled..

What are the odds that i'll pick it up and the dude will refund me the $500?? Laughing
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I have it at home.. lets see if they can figure out the billing! Laughing
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a company doesn't show interest to get things right even after I try to help them straighten it out, then I quit doing anything as soon as I'm on the right side of the deal.

One time I bought a full set of slotted brake rotors from Summit Racing and got them free because the bank wouldn't believe me that it hadn't been charged to my bill. I got my credit card bill and the Summit Racing order was missing. I called Summit and confirmed they got payment. Then I called the bank to let them know it was missing from my bill and they sent payment to the vendor. The person on the phone looked at a screen on a computer and told me everything was fine. I told them it is not on my bill and if they didn't get it straightened out then they just bought me some really nice rotors. We went around in circles three times before I was satisfied that I tried. Free rotors. Cool.
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
And I have it at home.. lets see if they can figure out the billing! Laughing
Laughing Awesome.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point you have the product, do they have the money?

Also I am glad this has worked out, at least far enough for you to have at minimum gotten your product for the original agreed price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: