Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electric fan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcsmkfn20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: electric fan Reply with quote

hey anyone know a good performance replacement for my 1990 rs 5.0 electric fan, mine has locked up and its starting to warm up now so i need to fix it.
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: electric fan Reply with quote

tcsmkfn20 wrote:
hey anyone know a good performance replacement for my 1990 rs 5.0 electric fan, mine has locked up and its starting to warm up now so i need to fix it.

No sense in getting aftermarket. The factory one works great. You might consider a dual fan setup if anything, but that takes some wiring and a different radiator support.
Camaro350Z28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actualyl have 2 single electric fans sittin out in my garage, last time i checked then they worked. Yours if you want one, just pay for shipping.

1997 Z28 PCMforLess tune, K&N CAI, trickflow elbow, 160 thermostat, edelbrock shorty headers, Flowmaster 3", 18" cragars.
Best 1/4 - 13.8 @ 101.98 60' 2.27
84transam383
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kno you guys will flame me...but so far the best fan ive found to use is one from a late 80s,early 90s ford taurus. there 2 spd fans,and flow a MASSIVE amount of air,im runnign 2 of them on my ram,they work awesome,have yet to need both on at once.

the flow numbers ive seen is 2200 cfm on low spd,and 3200 on hi spd,cant beat that when you can get them in the junkyard for 10 bucks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon
12sec Club

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a PermaCool single on both my beretta and an older pickup and it kept them cool very well...

but if you don't fancy spending the cash on the aftermarket, just go junkyard hunting

Soon to be less than stock
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: